"I'm excited to see Newmark’s presence grow at this year’s CoreNet Global Summit. Our team is contributing several great sessions led by our recently established Global Knowledge Center as well as our Workplace Strategy and Human Experience team,” said Peter Doran, President of Newmark’s Global Corporate Services. “Our thought leaders are helping clients navigate a wide range of industry topics impacting their business and real estate every day. They have a lot to share. We are looking forward to another fantastic event.”
Get the details from each of these informative sessions below.
Bad for Business: The Impact of Cognitive Bias in Corporate Decision-making
Monday, October 21st | 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
This session explores the full catalogue of cognitive biases including information bias, confirmation bias, attentional bias, and more. Specifically, the ways in which these biases affect an executive's business decision-making. Decision-making based on cognitive biases can have a very real and direct impact on real estate, business performance and financial metrics, workplace culture and employee productivity.
- Examine the 'what and why' associated with cognitive bias so they can be more aware and recognize it in the workplace
- Identify specific tactics to incorporate into business process to ensure cognitive bias is identified and properly resolved
- Listen to real world examples of how cognitive bias has disrupted businesses in BIG ways
Learning is the New Working: How This Forward-thinking Approach Will Help Humans Compete in AI Age
Monday, October 21st | 1:10 pm – 1:30 pm
This session will examine the engaging and innovative learning spaces and tools tomorrow’s workforce will need to take on the challenges linked to the widespread adoption of robotics, AI and automation in the workplace. It will explore design and behavioral elements from kindergarten classrooms to develop a growth mindset and the skills to adapt.
Blockchain Might Just Blow Up The (CRE) World
- Learn about advanced virtual and augmented reality training capabilities that enabling employee education/training opportunities
- Gain an understanding of how environmental factors help in the learning process
- Gain insights into the innovative work being done by academia and start-ups to provide advanced learning opportunities
Tuesday, October 22nd | 9:45 am- 10:15 am
This session will explore the relatively nascent technology has the potential to transform core CRE operations such as property transactions (purchase, sale, financing, leasing, and management). Examine the long-term impacts of blockchain adoption over time, as it can (and will) be linked to public utility services such as smart parking, waste, water, and energy billing.
- Receive a solid overview of blockchain and its basic modalities immutable ledger, transactions and smart contracts.
- Gain insights into the forecasted changes that will result from the widespread adoption of blockchain and the cryptocurrency platform.
- Understand the reasons why the real estate industry is slow to adapt to blockchain.
New Facilities - Developer-Based Solutions Mitigate Risk and Re-Define "Experience"
Tuesday October 22nd | 2:15 pm-3:15 pm
Tired of the “old” RFP/matrix process? Imagine, regardless of ownership or capital structure, moving into a single step by selecting a Developer Partner as your single point of accountability throughout the journey. Your new partner helps assemble and take responsibility for the project team, manages inter-department coordination; and, oversees budget, schedule, design, and more. Dow Chemical Company embraces the developer-based delivery method for many of its facilities. Learn about Dow's new award-winning world headquarters - a product of the developer-based approach. Gain new perspective of the value, and customer-experience potential in this collaborative approach.
FIND US AT THE SHOW!
- Understand the fundamentals of a developer-based solution.
- Identify solutions and ideas that otherwise get overlooked or become cost-prohibitive to implement after-the-fact.
- Learn about Dow’s new world headquarters and how they used the developer-based approach.
Stop by our booth (#601) to meet our real estate experts!
> Click here to find us on the Innovation Pavillion Floorplan
Set up your appointments now!
>Click here to set up an onsite meeting